Wednesday, March 14, 2018

For my final paper I decided on the topic Breast Cancer. By the end of this semester I would like to research the main factors that causes breast cancer. most people think that breast cancer is genetic I think that there are causes and things you do to your body that makes you get breast cancer. The reason why I chose this topic is because when I was younger my grandmother died from inflammatory breast cancer which left my mother to raise my grandmother youngest child as her own. Ever since my grandmother passed from inflammatory breast with her being the first person ever in our family to die from cancer we have been really big on anything dealing with breast cancer such as fundraisers, walks, etc. While working on this project I have learned that there are number of factors that have been proven to increase a woman's risk of breast cancer. factors associated with breast cancer risk are linked to estrogen. Women who begin their period at a younger age and enter menopause at an older age have a greater lifetime exposure to estrogen, which increases their breast cancer risk. Women who don't have kids or have kids after the age of thirty are also at higher risk to get breast cancer. Obesity is another estrogen related risk factor for breast cancer. Approximately 5 to 10 percent of all breast cancers are genetic. A personal history or family history of breast cancer also increases the likelihood of developing the disease. Having a mother, sister, or daughter with breast cancer approximately doubles a woman's risk for the disease.








Image result for breast cancer
 "Preface to 'Does Abortion Increase the Risk of Breast Cancer?'." Breast Cancer, edited by Dedria Bryfonski, Greenhaven Press, 2016. Opposing Viewpoints. Opposing Viewpoints in Context, http://libproxy.ggc.edu/login?url=http://link.galegroup.com/apps/doc/EJ3010982104/OVIC?u=ggcl&xid=. Accessed 14 Mar. 2018.
Image result for breast cancer

1 comment:

  1. You great ideas, but still have some grammar issues. Try writing your blog posts on MS Word first and run the spell and grammar checker. Then copy over to Blogger.

    ReplyDelete